Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy New Year!


January 1, 2013

Happy New year!  How was your New Years? Mine was good. For New Years Eve we went to a members house and had a little party/BBQ, (steak kabobs and grilled shrimp) it was pretty good. We could only stay there till 9 though (because of mission rules) so we where in bed when it was officially New Years. I met a guy at the party who is stationed on Ft. Wainwright, so he must be in the same ward as you guys. He was just down in Utah visiting family. Things are going good in my new area. I haven't been asked to talk yet so that is good. We found a few new people to teach. This 9 year old girl Acacia and this other lady who I forget her name. We were going to have a baptism for this girl Amy this week but when we went to go over to visit with her yesterday we found out that she is in prison now for doing drugs. (That is pretty common here I guess, we are in the ghetto part of Brigham City) So that's a bummer. That will delay her baptism for quite a bit. We should be having a baptism next week though for this 9 year old boy, AJ. Hopefully since the holidays are over more people will be less busy and able to have the lessons. These last 2 weeks have been super slow because we pretty much had no teaching appointments because everyone was busy and canceled them. How have things been in Alaska? BTW I should be sending a package home, I found another one of nicks shirts I still have. I hope you guys have a good week! I love you.

Love, 
Elder John 

No comments:

Post a Comment