Monday, April 15, 2013

I need a haircut...and more music!

March 10, 2013


I'm doing well. How are you? Mission life has been a blast. I really see why/how this mission is so special. Anyways today is P-day and we are going over to a bishops workshop and we are going to make leather scripture cases. That should be fun. Also I'm getting a haircut cause my hair is way too long. We had a General authority come to our mission last Thursday. And I had to gel my hair down a ton to make it look short ha. It was Elder Clayton from the Presidency of the 1st quorum of the 70, He gave a really nice talk about the Atonement and about being a better missionary. Missionary work has been interesting this last week. 7 lessons canceled on us! So we taught like 2 lessons the whole week, that was a little frustrated because all we did this whole week was go tracting and nobody was interested at all. Tracting is like the least affective way to do missionary work. The one investigators who got put in jail for selling/doing drugs who is only 15 is out now. We will teach him tonight and see how he is doing. We got conference tickets for the Saturday afternoon session so we will be taking one of our investigators down to Salt Lake for that. I'm sitting on the balcony section so maybe you guys will see me..If you watch conference he he I know Nick and Brianna will probably be sleeping :) That's exciting that Ian will be home soon. Make sure to take pictures and send them to me. He should be with you guys when I Skype on Mother's day right?? Also could you guys send me some CD's with conference talks and good church music (not MOTAB) General conference talks are free online, It think you just have to do some formatting to get them on a CD. So I have been trying to learn to play the Ukulele on my Pday, It's really hard though. Maybe Nicole can send me some pointers and some notes to help me learn since she played guitar. Also I tried sending you guys a package but it got returned to me in the mail and said the address is wrong..what is Nicole's mailing address??? Well I hope you all are having a great day. Make sure you keep me updated on everything. I love you.

- Love, Elder John

No comments:

Post a Comment